I warned y’all that you’d be seeing more overnight oats recipes! As a vegetarian, I often struggle with getting enough protein. Protein helps keep you full and is critical for building muscle. I’ve come across tons of overnight oats recipes, but very few included protein powder, which is such a smart idea! I found this recipe on The Blissful Balance. I wasn’t sure how I’d like them, but I’ve already made them five times in the last week and a half, and even experimented with the recipe a bit. Super simple and pretty darn tasty. These could be yummy with different flavors of protein as well. Let me know what you think!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder of your choice (I used EAS AdvantEDGE this time, but whatever you have on hand will be fine.)
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice (I used almond milk. I’ve also experimented with the amount of milk – 3/4 seems like a little too much and 1/2 isn’t quite anough. So, somewhere in-between is what I’ve been using. Just vary it based on how mushy (for lack of a better term) you prefer your oatmeal.)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 medium banana (optional – something I decided to add and it was pretty good!)
- Combine the ingredients in a mason jar. You can also use Tupperware, however when I did, I don’t think I shook them up enough (fear of leaking) and they didn’t mix up quite as well. Shake well (do so over the sink if using Tupperware!!!)
- Refrigerate overnight.