My husband is not a morning person. He also drives over 90 miles each way 3-4 days a week for work. So, I try to provide him with a quick and semi-healthy breakfast (that also doesn’t take too much time for me) as often as I can. I don’t think he enjoys protein shakes as much as I do and you can’t eat a make-ahead breakfast burrito every day, so I’ve set out to try a variety of overnight oatmeal recipes. Please stay tuned, as this is the first of many we will be testing. I found this particular recipe for peanut butter banana oats on Crunchy Creamy Sweet. I’ll definitely be attempting more of her recipes in general.
What you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup milk, any type you prefer (I used Almond Milk)
- 1 TBSP crunchy or creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 banana, sliced (I went ahead and used the entire banana though – I’m a rule-breaker!)
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp flax seeds (optional. I’d include, but we’re currently out.)
- Mason Jar (one for each serving)
- Layer all ingredients except for the milk into the mason jar. Pour the milk in last.
- Put the lid tightly on the jar and shake well to combine the ingredients.
- Place the jar in the refrigerator overnight to enjoy in the morning.
The verdict? Husband-approved.