I love the satisfaction of a “crunch”, so aside from raw veggies, I’ve been trying to find healthier alternatives for crunchy snacks. I came across this crispy chickpea recipe several years ago and just now got around to giving them a try. Let me start by admitting that I’m not in love with these. I do, however, like the concept and plan to experiment with different flavor options. Perhaps I’ll try something with ranch or dill next. In the meantime, here’s the spicy version I recently made.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper (okay, I used several more…)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Pour chickpeas into a colander and rinse with water. Allow to drain and then dry them thoroughly, using paper towels to pat them dry.
- Put the dried chickpeas onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, cayenne, and salt.
- Use your hands to toss everything around and make sure the spices are distributed to all of the chickpeas.
- Roast them for 20-25 minutes, stirring/tossing them every 5-10 minutes.
I’ll be sure to share the other spices I try with chickpeas in the future. If you try making any, please share as well!