I absolutely love potatoes. As you follow this blog, you’ll probably see more potato recipes than you care to (unless you’re a member of the potato fan club as well!) At any rate, I recently stumbled upon this potato recipe from Betty Crocker through some email newsletter I don’t even recall requesting, ha! It’s easy and let me just tell you – if you like the smell of rosemary, you’re going to love the scent in your kitchen as these roast in your oven!
• 4 medium potatoes
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 TBSP olive oil
• 2 tsp dried rosemary leaves (or 2 TBSP fresh) – I added a smidgen more
• 1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves (or 1 tsp fresh) – again, I put a little extra into the mix
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/8 tsp pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Grease a pan.
- Cut the potatoes into ~1 inch chunks. Set aside.
- Mix the olive oil, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and onion in a large bowl.
- Add the potatoes and toss the mixture to coat the potatoes well.
- Attempt to spread the potatoes on the pan in a single layer. (I was not successful with this step – I should have started with smaller potatoes or used a larger pan!)
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. (Second minor fail here – I had to roast more like 30-35 mins to get the potatoes tender, due to the fact that I did not have a single layer in the pan.)
Enjoy! Let me know how your version turns out!