If you’re searching for a healthy recipe, move along. If you’re looking for a delicious and easy appetizer/dip, you’ve stumbled upon the right one! I cannot recall where I found this jalapeño corn dip recipe a few years ago, but I’m certainly glad I did. It’s fast, tasty, and always a hit.
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 or 2 jalapeños minced. I typically use 2 and may upgrade to 2.5-3 the next time I make this, but we like food on the hot side around here.
- 9-11 ounce can sweet corn (or feel free to use fresh!)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (Okay, I used two)
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Preheat over to 400 degrees
- Mince jalapeños and chop green onion
- Drain corn and allow to dry on a paper towel in order to remove excess water
- Mix softened cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl.
- Add the corn, jalapeño, cheese, green onion, seasoned salt, and cayenne pepper and mix well
- Pour mixture into a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
I typically serve this with blue corn chips, but I think black bean chips would be excellent as well and of course, regular corn tortilla chips will do the trick.
I last made this as an appetizer for Thanksgiving and we were in such a hurry to head out to our feast that I failed to snap a photo of the dip once it emerged from the oven. My apologies. Trust me, it was perfection, but if you don’t believe me, I could potentially be convinced to make another round to update this post with an “after” photo…I’m sure my husband wouldn’t mind!
If you find a lower advertised price on the same available medication prior to your purchase, we will match that price at VetShop.com